Doubts can persist, and you may find yourself wondering if an addict is still sober or has relapsed. The following six signs are pretty good indicators that he is still doing what he learned while in rehab.
- He is being responsible. He goes to work, he stays for his entire shift, and he takes care of his errands.
- He is paying bills, and they’re being paid on time. There are no shutoff notices or excuses from him about why they are not paid.
- He has a parenting focus. He pays attention to his children’s needs, goes to the Little League games, spends time with them at home, and makes himself accessible if they want to talk and hang out.
- He shows a good temperament. He doesn’t have a short fuse and isn’t always arguing with someone in the family. He typically has a good demeanor, and if he is in a bad mood, there is a clear reason for it.
- He has goals. He speaks of where he wants to be in the future and is figuring out what it will take to get there.
- He goes to meetings. He still has good memories from rehab and he continues regular attendance of meetings.
: While these signs are not a guarantee that a drug addict continues in recovery, they are strong indictors stability.
You may be interested in: Moby the musician on sobriety